Mock Egg Salad
- 1 pound firm tofu, sliced and well drained
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
tablespoons minced celery
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, combine eggless mayonnaise, sweet pickle relish, vinegar,
mustard, sugar, turmeric, dill, and parsley. Mix well, and reserve.
- Place drained tofu in large bowl, and crumble with a fork. Stir in onion
and celery. Mix in reserved mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Chill for several hours to allow flavors to blend.
Yield: 4 servings
Posted by Tiffany at Recipe Goldmine 2/12/2002 3:24 pm.