Mushroom Shepherd's Pie
This healthy and more flavorful version of Shepherd’s Pie is loaded with meaty
portabella mushrooms, garlic, carrots, peppers, tomatoes, and ginger, and topped
with a cauliflower, red potato, garlic mash. It's well worth a try!
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 inch piece of ginger, chopped
- 2 portabella mushrooms, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 3 sweet (red/orange) peppers, chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup Cheddar/Monterrey cheese (or cheese of your choice)
- 1 cauliflower head (boiled for 30 mins)
- 4 red potatoes (boiled for 30 mins)
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- Salt and pepper
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Filling: Sauté the onion, garlic and ginger till onion caramelizes
(about 30 minutes over a low/medium flame – it takes a while, but the flavor
combined with the mushrooms is well worth the time). Add the mushrooms and saute
about 5 more minutes. Then add the peppers, celery, carrot, canned tomatoes
and salt and pepper. Layer this in a baking glass/Pyrex dish. Layer the cheese
on top of the mushrooms/veggies layer.
- Topping: Pulse the boiled cauliflower, potatoes, garlic and coconut
milk in a blender or food processor. Add salt and pepper to taste. Then layer
this on top of the cheese and mushrooms and veggies.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with a side salad.
Yield: 4 servings
Recipe courtesy Shashi of Runnin Srikankan and Recipe Redux.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Meatless Recipes