Nutrient-Dense Veggie Burgers
Enjoy this delicious, nutrient-dense veggie burger recipe! Try it with fresh
tomato and red onion slices, leafy lettuce, and your favorite variety of mustard,
with or without a whole grain bun.
- 4 portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- 2 onions,
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 organic
- 1 block firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Sea salt and pepper
- Sauté mushrooms and garlic with olive oil over medium-high heat until mushrooms
lose their moisture and onions begin to caramelize.
- Add minced garlic and stir while cooking for another minute or two.
- Add brown rice, water, and soy sauce. Cover with a lid and cook until the
brown rice has absorbed all of the water. Let mixture cool.
- Transfer rice and mushroom mixture into a food processor. Add organic eggs,
tofu, miso paste, breadcrumbs, sea salt and pepper. Process until all ingredients
- Use your hands to form mixture into patties. Refrigerate patties until they
- Cook patties over medium-high meat with olive oil until golden and cooked
to desired consistency.