Nutrient-Dense Veggie Burgers
Enjoy this delicious, nutrient-dense veggie burger recipe! Try it with fresh
tomato and red onion slices, leafy lettuce, and your favorite variety of mustard,
with or without a whole grain bun.
- 4 portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 block firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Sea salt and pepper
- Sauté mushrooms and garlic with olive oil over medium-high heat until mushrooms
lose their moisture and onions begin to caramelize.
- Add minced garlic and stir while cooking for another minute or two.
- Add brown rice, water, and soy sauce. Cover with a lid and cook until the
brown rice has absorbed all of the water. Let mixture cool.
- Transfer rice and mushroom mixture into a food processor. Add organic eggs,
tofu, miso paste, breadcrumbs, sea salt and pepper. Process until all ingredients
- Use your hands to form mixture into patties. Refrigerate patties until they
- Cook patties over medium-high meat with olive oil until golden and cooked
to desired consistency.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.