Everyone loves tacos! Easily make vegetarian superfood tacos using ground pecans
as a nutritious plant-based protein for taco “meat.”
The pecan taco “meat” is made using ground pecans as a nutritious, vegetarian
option that’s still full of flavor!
- 1 cup raw pecan halves or pieces (or lightly toasted)
- 1 teaspoon pecan or extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos (or low sodium tamari)
- 1 teaspoon cumin*
- 1 teaspoon oregano*
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder*
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder*
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper*
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne*
To serve (optional)
- Corn tortillas
- Shredded green or red cabbage
- Green onion
* Use 1 heaping tablespoon of natural taco seasoning mix instead of the
cumin, oregano, chili powder, garlic powder, black pepper, and cayenne if you’re
in a time crunch.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- In a pan over medium heat, add oil, onion, coconut aminos, and spices. Cook
about 4 minutes, until onion is translucent.
- Add pecans and onion mixture to food processor and pulse until
consistency of ground beef, about 8 to 10 pulses.
- Use to make tacos with classic ingredients such as corn
tortillas, shredded green/red cabbage, tomatoes, green onion, cilantro,
jalapeños, lime, and guacamole.
Yield:1 cup taco “meat.”
Nutrition facts: Calories 200 Fat 19g Sat Fat 1.5g Sodium 190mg Carbs 6g
Fiber 3g Protein 3g
Submitted by: Dawn Jackson Blatner, RDN
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
American Pecan Council
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Meatless Recipes