- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 large portabella mushrooms, about 16 ounces
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 large green bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 4 (8-inch) low-fat or whole-wheat flour tortillas, warmed
- 4 teaspoons low-fat or nonfat shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 teaspoons salsa
- Spray a large skillet with nonstick spray; add oil and heat over medium
high heat until hot.
- Remove gills from mushrooms and slice 1/2-inch thick. Place mushrooms, peppers
and onion in skillet. Sprinkle with cumin, salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring frequently, about 7 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are
cooked as desired.
- Peel, pit and dice avocado. Place avocado in a bowl with flat bottom and
use a fork to mash. Add lemon juice and combine; set aside.
- Remove cooked vegetables from heat. Add garlic and lime juice; stir to combine.
- Spread 1 tortilla with 1/4 of the avocado mixture. Spoon about 1 cup vegetable
mixture down center. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon cheese and 1 teaspoon salsa. Roll
Yield: 4 servings
Per serving (1 cup vegetable mixture and 1 tortilla): 316 calories (34 percent
from fat), 12 g fat (2 g saturated), trace cholesterol, 43 g carbohydrates, 9 g
protein, 269 mg sodium, 6 g dietary fiber
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> meatless Recipes