Rice and Fava Beans Flavored with Dill
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup rice, rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups frozen or fresh fava beans
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon Ibzar (Arabian Gulf Spice)
- Salt, to taste
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 4 tablespoons toasted pine nuts, for garnish
Ibzar (Arabian Gulf Spice)
- 4 tablespoons cumin
- 4 tablespoons black pepper
- 4 tablespoons ground coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mace
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Beans: Melt butter in a saucepan and saute onion over medium heat for 10
- Add garlic and rice and stir-fry for an additional 3 minutes.
- Stir in fava beans, dill, 1 teaspoon ibzar, salt and water. Bring to a boil. Cover
and cook over medium-low heat for 25 minutes; then turn off heat and allow to
steam for 30 minutes longer.
- Place on a platter and garnish with pine nuts and serve.
- Ibzar (Arabian Gulf Spice): Combine all ingredients and store in a tightly
Makes 6 servings.
Posted by Tiffany at Recipe Goldmine 11/30/2001 12:09 pm.
Source: Classic Vegetarian Cooking from the Middle East and North Africa
by Habeeb Salloum
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Meatless Recipes