Spinach Artichoke Lasagna
- 1 cup minced onion
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or butter
- 1 1/2 pounds mushrooms, sliced
- 3 to 4 cups white sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 (9 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and chopped, or 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped (reserve four to five artichoke halves for decorating) *
- 1 pound small-curd cottage cheese
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 egg
- 9 to 12 dry precooked lasagna noodles or 1 pound dried lasagna, cooked and drained
* One (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained can be substituted
for the artichokes.
- Sauté onion and garlic in oil or butter until soft.
- Add mushrooms and continue
cooking until mushrooms give off juices and are fairly limp. Add mixture to
white sauce along with the nutmeg. Taste for seasoning, adding more nutmeg if
- Combine spinach, artichokes, cottage cheese, mozzarella, Parmesan and egg
and mix well. Spread about a quarter of the white sauce mixture in bottom of
13 x 9 x 2-inch glass baking dish. Cover with 3 to 4 noodles. (If using No-Boil
noodles, ensure that they do not touch outside edge of pan or they will be tough.
You may break or cut noodles to better fill out layer, if desired.) Spread another
quarter of the white sauce over noodles, then add half the spinach mixture.
Cover with another layer of noodles, white sauce, the remaining vegetable mixture
and noodles. Spread remaining quarter of sauce on top. Decorate with reserved
artichoke halves. Cover with plastic wrap and cook on high power in microwave
for 17 to 19 minutes, turning once or twice during heating.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Serves 8 to 10.
To cook conventionally, cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 40
minutes or until bubbly. Check toward end of baking time and uncover for last 10
minutes if you wish to brown slightly. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.