Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- 8 large portobello mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 red bell peppers,
seeded and finely chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 scallions, green and white parts, thinly sliced
- 5 to 8 cloves garlic (to taste), finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and freshly-ground pepper,
- 6 ounces goat's cheese (optional)
- Additional sliced scallions
- Remove the stems from the portobellos, then chop and reserve.
- Place the whole mushroom caps smooth side down on a lightly greased baking
sheet and bake in a preheated 425 degree F oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a skillet over moderate heat and sauté the mushroom
stems, bell peppers, onion, scallions, and garlic until tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the herbs and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Spoon the vegetable mixture into the mushroom caps and top with the cheese
- Bake an additional 10 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender and the
cheese has melted.
- Sprinkle with sliced scallions and serve immediately.
Serves 4 (2 mushrooms per person)
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.