Swedish Faux Meatballs
- 3 slices bread, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon ground
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 2 (12 ounce)
packages frozen burger-style crumbles
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a large bowl combine bread crumbs, onion, pepper, nutmeg and milk. Stir
in burger-style crumbles until well blended. Form into 1 1/2-inch balls.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the "meat" balls in
butter. Remove with a slotted spoon and place in a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Whisk flour into drippings in skillet; cook until bubbly, stirring constantly.
Stir in broth and cream and continue cooking, stirring, until sauce thickens
and boils, about 1 minute. Pour over 'meat'balls.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
Yield: 6 servings
Posted by Tiffany at Recipe Goldmine 2/11/2002 6:51 pm.