- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 recipe Basic Tex-Mex Sauce
- 1 pound mild Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup onion, minced (optional)
- Soften the tortillas in hot vegetable oil. Place them on paper towels to
drain. When they are cool enough to handle, immerse them in the sauce. Place
about an ounce of cheese and some onion, if desired, just off center of each
tortilla and fold the enchiladas.
- Place 3 enchiladas on each of 4 ovenproof serving plates. Top the enchiladas
liberally with the sauce and add more cheese and onion, if used.
- Place plates in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 10 minutes.
- Serve the enchiladas with rice and refried beans.
- You can garnish the beans with a little grated cheese and stick a couple tortilla
chips in them.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.