Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 4 ounces cremini mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
cup plain soymilk
- 4 ounces whole wheat fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh
- Cook the fettuccine as package directs, drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat and cook onions
2 minutes or until translucent.
- Add the garlic and 30 seconds longer.
- Add the mushrooms, reduce heat to medium low and cook, stirring occasionally
5 to 6 minutes or until they release their juices.
- Sprinkle flour over the mushroom mixture and stir to combine.
- Add wine, tomato paste and soymilk. Cook, stirring until thickened.
- Toss with the fettuccine and sprinkle parsley over all.
Yield: 4 servings
Serving size: 1 cup
Recipe courtesy of the Mushroom Council and inspired by University of New Hampshire
Dining Services, Durham, New Hampshire.
Recipe and photo credit: MushroomInfo.com.