Vegan Pound Cake
- 2 cups white cake flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 cup light maple syrup (honey for non-vegans)
- 15 3/4 ounces soft silken tofu
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon almond or orange extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In food processor or blender, mix together maple syrup, tofu, vanilla extract
and almond or orange extract if desired, until smooth. Add tofu mixture
to flour mixture; stir until combined. Pour into a nonstick or lightly oiled
9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden and top springs to the touch.
If needed, tent cake with aluminum foil during last 10 to 15 minutes of baking.
- Remove cake from pan; cool slightly on wire rack.
- While cake is still warm, wrap tightly in foil (this will prevent a hard
crust from forming on cake).
Yield: 12 servings
Add 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons of finely slivered candied ginger to batter.
With leftover tofu, make a fast, low fat dessert topping by mixing tofu in blender
or food processor with 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons of maple syrup, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
extract, 1/2 teaspoon of grated orange rind and a dash ground nutmeg.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Meatless Recipes