Vegetable and Garbanzo Curry
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 - 2 cups sliced onions
- 2 tablespoons curry
powder (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes in juice OR 2 cups tomato
- 2 (15-ounce) cans garbanzo beans (do not drain)
- 2 cups diced potatoes
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen peas
- 1 (16-ounce) package
frozen cauliflower pieces
- Water as necessary
- Salt to taste
- Hot cooked
- In a large kettle, sauté onions in oil until translucent.
- Add curry powder, garlic powder and ginger; cook 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes OR tomato juice and stir, scraping up any bits stuck to the
pan. Add garbanzo beans, potatoes, and carrots; cover and simmer 20 minutes,
adding water if necessary.
- Add cauliflower, cover and cook an additional 25 minutes, again adding water
- Stir in peas; cook 5 more minutes. (All vegetables should be tender.)
- Taste and add salt if necessary.
- Serve over hot rice.
Posted by LuAnn at recipegoldmine.com on 1/21/2002, 11:29 am.