- 3 cups mixed vegetables such as artichoke hearts, asparagus,
mushrooms, broccoli or cauliflower
- 1 cup cooked spinach, chopped
- 2 tablespoons
- 2 medium onions, roughly diced
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup egg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon
salt, or as desired
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
leaves or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 4 feet sausage casing
- Roughly chop vegetables into 1/4-inch pieces and set aside on a plate.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat, add the onion and cook,
stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Decrease heat to low, add the vegetables and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove vegetables from heat and scrape the mixture into a food processor.
Add the egg whites and bread crumbs and puree until smooth.
- Stuff the mixture into sausage casings or form 2 long sausages in plastic
- Poach the sausages in gently simmering water for 7 minutes, drain and let
cool. If you have used plastic wrap to form the sausages, remove it when sausages
- Cut sausages into 6-inch lengths.
- To serve, grill the sausages or place under a preheated broiler. Since the
sausages are already cooked, we want only to reheat them and crisp their skins.
Yield: 8 servings
Posted by Tiffany at Recipe Goldmine 2/12/2002 3:06 pm.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.