Vegetable Tortilla Stack
- 3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped red or yellow bell pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen broccoli-cauliflower blend
- 6 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 2 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese (8 ounces)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (8 ounces)
- Minced fresh cilantro or parsley
- Sliced ripe olives
- Sour cream and additional picante sauce
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a skillet, sauté peppers and onion in oil until tender. Stir in picante
sauce; set aside.
- Cook frozen vegetables according to package directions; drain. Cool slightly;
coarsely chop vegetables.
- Place 2 tortillas on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread each with 1/3 cup
refried beans and sprinkle with 1/3 cup of the pepper mixture. Top each with
another tortilla. Spoon 1 1/2 cups vegetables over each tortilla and sprinkle
with all of the jack cheese. Top the last 2 tortillas with remaining beans and
pepper mixture; place one on each stack. Sprinkle with all of the cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Garnish with cilantro and olives. Cut into wedges.
- Serve with sour cream and picante sauce.
Yield: 2 stacks (4 to 6 servings each)
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> meatless Recipes