Vegetarian Enchilada Casserole
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes in tomato puree
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chunky
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 corn tortillas
- 24 ounces canned sliced ripe olives, drained
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, salsa, tomato paste, beans, corn,
green chiles, cumin and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Ladle about 1 cup of this mixture
into the bottom of a four-quart electric slow cooker; spread evenly.
- Top with
1 1/4 tortillas, cutting to fit as necessary.
- Spread on 1/4 of the remaining tomato mixture.
- Top with another 1 1/4 tortillas.
- Repeat these layers 2 more times, ending with the rest of the tomato mixture;
spread evenly over the top.
- Sprinkle the sliced olives over all.
- Cover and cook on the LOW heat setting about 5 hours.
- Serve hot.
Makes 5 or 6 servings.
Posted by Tiffany at Recipe Goldmine on 11/24/2001 10:57 am.