Vegetarian Skillet Chili
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 cup water
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans, drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes, Mexican style
- 3 cups fat-free Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Over medium high heat, pour oil into ovenproof skillet. Sauté onion and
bell peppers until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add chili powder and cook another minute. Pour drained beans, tomatoes,
and water into the skillet. Bring mixture to a boil over high heat. Simmer over
medium heat until thickened, approximately 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle chili with cheese and broil in the oven until cheese is melted,
about 2 minutes.
Per serving: Cal 456, Fat 6.4 g, Chol 8 mg, Pro 41.5 g, Carb 60.2 g, Fiber
15.5 g, Sugar 18.8 g, Sod 1277 mg