Vegetarian Skillet Chili
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 cup water
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans, drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes, Mexican style
- 3 cups fat-free Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Over medium high heat, pour oil into ovenproof skillet. Sauté onion and
bell peppers until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add chili powder and cook another minute. Pour drained beans, tomatoes,
and water into the skillet. Bring mixture to a boil over high heat. Simmer over
medium heat until thickened, approximately 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle chili with cheese and broil in the oven until cheese is melted,
about 2 minutes.
Per serving: Cal 456, Fat 6.4 g, Chol 8 mg, Pro 41.5 g, Carb 60.2 g, Fiber
15.5 g, Sugar 18.8 g, Sod 1277 mg
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.