- 1 loaf day-old bread (multi-grain, nut, sourdough are tasty)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup cooked wild rice
- 1/2 cup fresh mushrooms (cut into small pieces)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup pecans or walnuts, optional
- 1/4 cup apple cubes, optional
- Mix together the bread, cream of mushroom soup, vegetable broth, poultry
seasoning and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add any of the optional ingredients as desired. It will be sticky. Shape
into a loaf and wrap in (nonstick, sprayed) foil to bake.
- Bake for about an hour at 350 degrees F.
- You can slice it like a meatloaf and serve.