Veggie Burgers with Vidalia Relish
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 packed cup diced shiitake mushrooms
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped, green parts only
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup plain cooked brown rice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Herbes de Provence or oregano
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 hoagie or submarine rolls
Vidalia Onion Relish
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dash nutmeg
- Burgers: Mince zucchini, mushrooms, and onion very fine. Heat 1 tablespoon
olive oil in large skillet. Sauté vegetables over medium heat until tender,
about 10 minutes. Remove to bowl. Stir in brown rice, soy sauce, pepper, herbs
- Heat remaining 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in skillet. Drop rice mixture as
6 small burgers into skillet. Gently press down with spatula and dry until browned
on bottom, about 5 minutes. Gently turn and fry another 5 minutes.
- To serve, place 3 small burgers on each roll. Top with relish and close,
or serve burgers plain with relish.
- Vidalia Onion Relish: Heat oil in medium pan. Add onion and sauté over low
heat until golden and tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in vinegar. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Serve warm.
Yield: 2 servings; 1 cup Vidalia Onion Relish
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.