Veggie Burgers 2
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon vegetable oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 2 cups cooked brown rice, warm
- 2/3 cup unroasted sunflower seed meats
- 2/3 cup unroasted cashews
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup unroasted walnuts
- 1/3 cup unroasted almonds
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2/3 cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Add onion
and garlic. Sauté , stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 6 minutes.
Stir in basil.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine onion-garlic mixture and brown rice. Stir
- Place sunflower seeds, cashews, sesame seeds, walnuts and almonds in a food
processor or blender. Process until fine, about 1 minute.
- Add processed nuts and seeds to rice mixture along with soy sauce and tahini.
Mix until well-blended.
- Using a 1/3-cup measure, shape mixture into patties with your hands.
- Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add patties and brown about 3 minutes per side.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
Yield: 14 patties
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.