- 5 1/2 cups whole wheat flour*
- 2 cups water
* Home ground from the whole grain is best (with nothing added)
"Hamburger" Patties or Chicken-Fried Steak
- All of the above prepared Wheat "Meat"
- 2 eggs
- 3 to 5 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion (dehydrated can be used)
- Wheat: Mix together flour and water. Press mixture flat onto an oiled cookie
sheet and bake 15 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- Let mixture cool, then put through a meat grinder. The texture will resemble
- "Hamburger" Patties or Chicken-Fried Steak: Mix all ingredients together,
then cover and leave in the refrigerator overnight so flavors will blend with
the wheat flour.
- Make patties or steaks. Dip into white flour then fry in olive oil.
- Serve as hamburgers with all the trimmings or as chicken fried steak with
mashed potatoes, white gravy, a salad and a vegetable.