Zesty Crimini "Chicken" Nuggets
When the craving for crispy chicken nuggets strikes, enjoy these crispy, baked
crimini nuggets without the extra processing, added sodium, and guilt.
- 2 cups crimini mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup low-sodium black beans
- 1/2 cup sweet corn
- 1/2 jalapeno, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- 1/3 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon Cholula Chile Lime Hot Sauce
- Salt to taste
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place mushrooms, black beans, corn, jalapeno, garlic, cilantro, and green
onions into food processor. Blend until the consistency of ground beef.
- Whip egg, hot sauce, cumin and salt together in medium size bowl. Add mushroom
mixture, whole wheat flour, and oats to egg mixture. Mix to blend.
- Place panko in shallow baking dish. Coat 1 tablespoon mushroom mixture with
panko and place on lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 14 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce.
Prep time: 30 min | Cook time: 14 min | Serves: 4 (32 chicken nuggets)
Recipe courtesy of Stephanie Wilson, RDN and Recipe Redux.
Recipe and photo credit: MushroomInfo.com