This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Best Ever Meat Loaf
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Campbell's Condensed Cream of Mushroom or Golden Mushroom Soup
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup water
- Mix thoroughly 1/2 cup soup, beef, bread crumbs, egg, onion and
salt. Shape firmly into 8 x 4-inch loaf; place in shallow baking
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- In saucepan, blend remaining soup, water, and 2 to 3 tablespoons
drippings. Heat; stir occasionally. Serve with loaf.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Swedish Meat Loaf: Add 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg to
loaf. Blend remaining soup with 1/3 cup sour cream; omit drippings and
water. Serve over loaf; sprinkle with additional nutmeg. Garnish with
thinly sliced cucumber.