Best Ever Meat Loaf
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Campbell's Condensed Cream of Mushroom or Golden Mushroom Soup
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup water
- Mix thoroughly 1/2 cup soup, beef, bread crumbs, egg, onion and
salt. Shape firmly into 8 x 4-inch loaf; place in shallow baking
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- In saucepan, blend remaining soup, water, and 2 to 3 tablespoons
drippings. Heat; stir occasionally. Serve with loaf.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Swedish Meat Loaf: Add 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg to
loaf. Blend remaining soup with 1/3 cup sour cream; omit drippings and
water. Serve over loaf; sprinkle with additional nutmeg. Garnish with
thinly sliced cucumber.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.