Blue Plate Special Meat Loaf
- 6 ounces ground pork
- 6 ounces ground beef
- 1/2 cup finely crushed corn chips
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup bottled chili sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- Combine pork, beef, corn chips, green onions, 1/4 cup chili sauce,
egg, chili powder, salt and pepper in medium bowl. Mix to blend well.
- Divide mixture in half. Shape each half into 3/4-inch-high
oval and place side by side in an 8-inch square baking pan.
- Spread remaining 1/4 cup chili sauce over meat loaves, dividing equally.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Bake meat loaves uncovered until juices run clear when centers are
pierced with small sharp knife, about 20 minutes.
Yield: 2 servings
This recipe may be doubled. Use a 9 x 13-inch baking pan to make four loaves.