Cape Cod Cranberry Meatloaf
- 1/4 cup whole cranberry sauce
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar (packed)
- 2 1/2 pounds ground chuck
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 bay leaves
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf
- In a small bowl, combine the cranberry sauce and brown sugar. Place
the cranberry sauce mixture in the bottom of the prepared loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients except the bay
leaves and mix well. Set the meatloaf mixture in the pan on top
of the sauce.
- Top the loaf with the bay leaves and bake for 1 1/2
hours or until done.
- Allow the loaf to cool for 20 minutes. Remove the bay leaves. Very
carefully turn the loaf onto a serving plate so that the sauce side
is up. Drizzle the pan juices over the loaf.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.