Chili Loaf 2
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef chuck
- 1/2 pound sweet or hot Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 onion, peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup hot salsa
- 1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
- 6 strips bacon
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place beef and Italian sausage in a large bowl and break into clumps.
Gently mix in remaining ingredients, except the bacon, until just
combined. Do not over-mix.
- Turn the meat mixture into a 9 x 5-inch
loaf pan. Lay bacon strips crosswise over the loaf and bake for
- Cover the loaf loosely with aluminum foil and let it
rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.