Classic Home-Style Meatloaf
A simple glaze is created by brushing Del Monte® Ketchup on the meatloaf hot
out of the oven. Indulge your comfort food cravings at lunchtime too with leftover
meatloaf sliced on sandwiches with cheese and pickles.
- 1 1/2 pounds extra lean ground beef (or 93% fat free ground turkey)
(14.5 ounce) can Del Monte® No Salt Added Petite Cut Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 3/4 cup
- 1 cup uncooked old fashioned oats (or quick oats)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/3 cup Del Monte® Tomato Ketchup
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking sheet with non-stick
cooking spray or line with parchment paper; set aside.
- Combine all ingredients, except the ketchup, in a large bowl.
- Place beef mixture on baking sheet and shape into a 10 x 5 x 2-inch oval.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Remove meatloaf from oven, and lightly brush top and sides with ketchup. Let
stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Serves 6 | Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 50 min. | Stand Time: 10 min.
Mexican-Style Meatloaf: Prepare recipe as directed, except
add 1 8.75 o) can Del Monte® Whole Kernel Corn, drained and 1 tablespoon chili
powder to beef in Step 2.
Recipe and photo credit:
Please SHOP HERE to support this site. We are an Amazon affiliate as a means of paying for the high cost of maintaining Recipe Goldmine. Thank you.