Crazy Meat Loaf
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chuck
- 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- Cook mixed vegetables for 5 minutes in boiling salted water; drain.
- Melt butter in skillet; add onion and cook until tender but not
brown. Add bread crumbs, parsley, 1/4 teaspoon salt, thyme and 1/4
teaspoon Tabasco sauce.
- Combine egg, milk, remaining salt, basil and remaining Tabasco sauce
a in mixing bowl. Add 1 cup of bread crumb mixture to egg mixture;
mix well. Gently blend ground chuck into bread crumb-egg mixture.
Handle as little as possible for more tender meat. Gently press
all but 2 cups of meat mixture over bottom and three-fourths up
the sides of a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan, leaving center hollow.
- Combine remaining bread crumb mixture with mixed vegetables and
grated cheese; turn into hollow space in loaf pan. Cover with remaining
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before turning out onto serving platter.
Serve with cheese sauce, if desired.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.