Dill Pickle Meat Loaf
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup dill pickle juice
- 1 cup chopped dill pickle
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 to 3 drops Tabasco sauce
- Combine beef, sausage, onion, bread crumbs, egg, salt and pepper,
pickle juice and 1/2 cup dill pickles. Shape into loaf and place
in a roasting pan.
- Mix remaining 1/2 cup dill pickles, water, Worcestershire sauce,
ketchup, sugar and Tabasco sauce. Mix well and pour over meat loaf.
- Put meat loaf in preheated 375 degrees F oven and bake for 1/2 hour
until brown. Baste often with sauce.
- When brown, reduce oven temperature
to 325 degrees F and bake for another 45 minutes.
- Serve hot with remaining sauce.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.