This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Dill Pickle Meat Loaf
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup dill pickle juice
- 1 cup chopped dill pickle
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 to 3 drops Tabasco sauce
- Combine beef, sausage, onion, bread crumbs, egg, salt and pepper,
pickle juice and 1/2 cup dill pickles. Shape into loaf and place
in a roasting pan.
- Mix remaining 1/2 cup dill pickles, water, Worcestershire sauce,
ketchup, sugar and Tabasco sauce. Mix well and pour over meat loaf.
- Put meat loaf in preheated 375 degrees F oven and bake for 1/2 hour
until brown. Baste often with sauce.
- When brown, reduce oven temperature
to 325 degrees F and bake for another 45 minutes.
- Serve hot with remaining sauce.