Fajita Meat Loaf
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 4 teaspoons fajita seasoning
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 2-quart loaf pan with cooking
spray and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add onions and stir-fry
until crisp brown on edges - about 5 minutes.
- Add chopped green
bell peppers and stir-fry for 2 more minutes and remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine onion and green pepper mixture,
ground beef, tortilla chips, fajita seasoning and cilantro, if desired.
Form meat mixture into a loaf and place into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees
- Drain excess liquid and let sit for 10 minutes.