Farm House Meatloaf
- 2 slices white bread or 2 white dinner rolls, crumbled
- 1/3 cup green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon evaporated milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Heinz chili sauce or ketchup
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F, and lightly grease an 8 x 4-inch loaf
- Place bread crumbs in a large bowl.
- Combine bell pepper, onion,
evaporated milk and egg in the bowl of a food processor and process
until well blended. Pour over bread crumbs and stir until crumbs
- Add salt and pepper.
- Add ground beef, stirring well
to combine. Place in prepared pan and top with chile sauce or ketchup.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until juices run clear and meat is
no longer pink.
Yield: 8 servings