Lo-Cal Pineapple Meat Loaf
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 slices day-old bread, cubed
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/8 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 4 tablespoons ketchup, divided
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together ground chuck, pineapple, bread cubes, eggs, onion,
horseradish, salt and ketchup until completely mixed. Gently form
into long, narrow loaf about 9 x 5 x 2 inches (mixture will be soft).
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes, or to desired doneness.
- While loaf is baking, prepare sauce. Stir together 2 tablespoons
ketchup and orange juice until smooth.
- To serve, loosen loaf from bottom of pan; transfer to heated platter;
cut into 12 slices.
- Pass the sauce.
Makes 6 servings of 2 slices each - 250 calories per serving.