Meat Loaf Delicious
Very tasty meat loaf served with mashed potatoes and tomato cucumber
salad fresh from the garden.
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 pound ground veal
- 1/4 pound ground pork
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced celery leaves
- 1 clove garlic, or more, minced
- 4 slices bacon, halved
Chili Barbecue Sauce
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Meat Loaf: Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together well eggs, milk, sour cream, salt, pepper, nutmeg,
thyme, cloves, and bread crumbs. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients except bacon and Chili Barbecue Sauce.
Mix lightly but well. Pack into a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan and unmold
onto a baking pan with sides. Place bacon slices on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Spoon Chili Barbecue Sauce over top and continue baking for 25 minutes.
- Chili Barbecue Sauce: Mix together well.
Yield: 8 servings
Posted by Olga at Recipe Goldmine /12/02 3:54:37 pm.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Meat Loaf Recipes