Meat Loaf Ricotta
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon crushed basil
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 pound ricotta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon marjoram
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Combine meat, bread crumbs, Romany cheese, 2 eggs, onion, parsley
flakes, basil, 1 teaspoon of the salt and pepper; mix well. Sprinkle
loaf pan with dry bread crumbs. Turn half the meat mixture into
- Combine ricotta cheese with remaining egg, marjoram and remaining
1/4 teaspoon salt; mix well. Spread over meat layer. Top with remaining
meat mixture and spread to completely cover cheese layer. Generously
brush top with oil.
- Bake for 1 hour.
Makes 6 servings.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.