Meat Loaf Wellington
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground veal
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups cracker crumbs with 1 tablespoon water
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 4 bacon strips
- 2 packages crescent roll dough
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix ground beef, veal and pork together by hand in a large bowl.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, eggs, cracker crumbs, ketchup, water and
- Mix by hand and shape into a loaf in a shallow baking dish.
- Drape the loaf with bacon strips.
- Bake for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until done. Cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Separate 2 packages of crescent roll dough into 6 rectangles. Reserve
the remaining 2 for decorating. Overlap the triangles on a large
floured surface to make a large rectangle. Gently press together
the seams and perforations. Place over meat loaf and mold to fit.
- Trim off excess dough. Use remaining rectangles to make a design
for the top; cookie cutters may be used. Brush dough with egg white
and return loaf to the oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Meat Loaf Recipes