- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup prepared tomato salsa
- 1 egg
- 12 Ritz-style crackers, coarsely crushed (about 1/2 cup crushed)
- 6 ounces Cheddar cheese, divided
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, combine beef, salsa, egg and crackers. Grate half
the cheese and add to mixture.
- On baking pan with sides, form ground beef mixture into 9 x 5-inch loaf.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice remaining cheese into triangles. During last 2
minutes of baking, place triangles on top and bake until melted.
Yield: 6 servings