Is your family getting bored with the same old meatloaf week after week? Spice
up your dinner with this Mexican version of an American standby. Serve this dish
with a side of rice and some Ortega-Style Green Beans for a well-rounded and exciting
- 1 pound ground pork
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1 1/4 cups SARGENTO Fancy Shredded Monterey jack cheese, divided
- 1 cup plain dried bread crumbs
- 1 cup ORTEGA Salsa Prima - Homestyle Mild, divided
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or dry parsley
- 2 teaspoons ORTEGA Diced Jalapenos
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Combine pork, beef, 1 cup cheese, bread crumbs, 1/2 cup salsa, eggs, parsley,
jalapenos and salt in large bowl. Place meat mixture into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until no longer pink in center.
- Remove from oven; drain. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes; remove from
- Top with remaining cheese and salsa before serving.
From with Recipe Goldmine from the kitchen of Diana Furman.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.