Is your family getting bored with the same old meatloaf week after week? Spice
up your dinner with this Mexican version of an American standby. Serve this dish
with a side of rice and some Ortega-Style Green Beans for a well-rounded and exciting
- 1 pound ground pork
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1 1/4 cups SARGENTO Fancy Shredded Monterey jack cheese, divided
- 1 cup plain dried bread crumbs
- 1 cup ORTEGA Salsa Prima - Homestyle Mild, divided
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or dry parsley
- 2 teaspoons ORTEGA Diced Jalapenos
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Combine pork, beef, 1 cup cheese, bread crumbs, 1/2 cup salsa, eggs, parsley,
jalapenos and salt in large bowl. Place meat mixture into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until no longer pink in center.
- Remove from oven; drain. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes; remove from
- Top with remaining cheese and salsa before serving.
From with Recipe Goldmine from the kitchen of Diana Furman.