Mini Meat Loaves
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup finely crushed herb-seasoned stuffing mix
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup Crisco shortening
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Combine milk, eggs, onion, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Stir
in stuffing mix; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add ground beef; mix well.
Divide meat into 6 portions (or more if you want them smaller);
shape each into a loaf. Place in a greased shallow 2-quart baking
dish. Make a depression down center of each loaf.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt Crisco in a heavy skillet. Add mushrooms and sliced onion;
cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove 1 cup mushroom mixture and reserve. Add soup and sour cream
to remaining mushroom mixture in pan; stir gently to combine as
sauce. Put 1 tablespoon mushroom sauce in depression of each loaf.
Seal meat over filling. Reserve remaining sauce.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes.
- While meat loaves are baking, heat reserved sauce and reserved mushroom
mixture. Arrange meat loaves on serving platter. Spoon reserved
sauce over each loaf. Top with reserved mushrooms and onions. Garnish
with parsley and carrot curls, if desired.
Posted by GourmetGal at recipegoldmine.com.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.