Mom's Meat Loaf
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2/3 cup finely crushed saltines
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- Dash of pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add milk, saltines, onion, salt, sage
and pepper. Add beef and mix well. Shape into a 9 x 5-inch loaf
in an ungreased shallow baking pan.
- Combine remaining ingredients; spread 3/4 cup over meat loaf.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 60 to 65 minutes or until no pink remains; drain.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with remaining sauce.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.