Mona Lindsay's Olive Meatloaf
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 bacon slices, halved
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6 ounce) can Lindsay Pitted Black Ripe Olives, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- In large bowl, thoroughly mix all ingredients except Lindsay Olives,
tomato sauce and bacon. Mix in Lindsay Olives, reserving 5 for garnish.
- In a 13 x 9-inch baking pan, shape mixture into a 12 x 4-inch rounded
loaf. Pour tomato sauce over loaf. Lay bacon slices across loaf.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Garnish with reserved Lindsay Olives.
- Slice to serve hot or cold.
Makes 8 servings