Mozzarella-Stuffed Meat Loaf
- 1 cup meatless spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 8 ounces bulk Italian sausage
- 3 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into 4 x 1/2-inch sticks
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan.
- In a bowl, combine 1/2 cup of the spaghetti sauce, egg, bread crumbs,
garlic and rosemary. Crumble meat over mixture and mix well. Press
half into prepared loaf pan. Place pieces of cheese, evenly spaced,
over top of meat mixture. Top with remaining meat mixture; press
down firmly to seal.
- Bake, uncovered, for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours or
until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees
- Drizzle with the remaining spaghetti sauce; bake 10 minutes longer.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Yield: 6 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.