Mum B's Meat Loaf
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (285 mL) bottle Heinz Chili Sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup soften bread crumbs
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste*
* I omit the salt and use 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- Sauté onion, celery and bell pepper in butter to soften. Stir in
- In a bowl, combine ground beef with bread crumbs, egg, salt and
- Stir half of the veggie/chili sauce mixture into the ground
beef mixture (keep remaining sauce warm) and press firmly into a
- Bake in 350 degree F oven for 1 hour.
- Let stand 5 minutes when removed from oven.
- Serve slices with remaining veggie/chili sauce.
Shared by Bobi, RdG, Mexico 1-3-06
Source: from my Mum