Mushroom Meatloaf with Mushroom Gravy
- 1 pound button mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 pound ground meat (turkey, chicken, pork or beef)
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced fine
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1 1/2 pounds crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Meatloaf: In a large bowl, add the
meat, mushroom and remaining 10 ingredients. Mix until well combined.
- Place mixture into 7 x 5-inch loaf baking pan or shape into free form
loaf and place on a parchment lined sheet pan.
- Place into preheated oven and bake for 45 minutes.
- Mushroom Gravy: In a small bowl, combine milk and cornstarch; set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over high heat. Add the mushrooms and onions; cook and stir over
moderate heat until the mushrooms are golden, about 10 minutes.
- Add the flour and stir to coat, cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in beef broth, bring to a simmer and add Worcestershire sauce.
- Cook over high heat, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened, about 1 minute.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust to taste with salt and pepper.
Yield: 8 portions
Author: The Culinary Institute of America and the Mushroom Council
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Mushroom Council
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.