- 3/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box lemon gelatin
- 1 (12 ounce) can corned beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 cup ice water
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- Combine 3/4 cup water, salt and bouillon cubes in a saucepan. Bring
to a boil. Stir in oats and gelatin and remove from heat. Stir until
gelatin and bouillon cubes are dissolved. Cool.
- Cut corned beef
into very thin slices. Stack slices and cut through again, resulting
in very thinly chopped pieces.
- Combine with onion, mustard and celery seed, mixing lightly with
- Beat oatmeal-gelatin mixture at high speed of an electric
mixer for a few seconds. Add ice water and beat again.
- Add about
a fourth of the corned beef mixture at a time, beating on high speed
after each addition.
- When very well mixed, stir in green pepper
with a fork and pour into a buttered 1-quart baking dish or ring
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Serve on a lettuce leaf with crackers.