Peachy Meat Loaves
- 4 canned cling peach halves
- 16 whole cloves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 5 tablespoons fine dry bread crumbs
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup ground cooked ham
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Insert 4 cloves in each peach half.
- Divide sugar among 4 greased
custard cups; place peaches, cup sides up, on sugar.
- Beat egg lightly;
blend with crumbs, milk, ketchup, onion and seasonings. Blend in
beef and ham. Fill cups with meat mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Invert cups to remove loaves.
- Serve, peach side up, on a bed of rice.