- 3 pounds ground round (or ground beef, your choice)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup picante-style salsa, thick and chunky
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 sleeve saltine crackers, crushed
- Place ground meat in a large bowl.
- Mix the eggs and salsa together
and pour over the beef. Add all other ingredients and mix well.
Shape it into a firm, long log and place it diagonally in a 13 x
9-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
Serves 4 to 6 people with enough left over for sandwiches the next