Santa Fe Meat Loaf
- 2 pounds lean ground pork
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 4 tablespoons minced dried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup milk
- In large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Sauté
onions and garlic until soft, about 10 minutes; cool slightly and
transfer to large bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Place mixture in a 9 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2 inch loaf pan and bake at 350
degrees F for 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest 10 minutes before removing
- Slice to serve warm, or wrap well and refrigerate for