Savory Mushroom Meatloaf
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup onion, finely-diced
- 1 cup red pepper, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/4 pounds ground beef
- 1 1/4 cups Italian-style bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup (about 2 ounces) Wisconsin Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) Wisconsin Cheddar Cheese, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In non-stick skillet, melt butter and cook mushrooms, onion, red pepper, and
garlic over medium heat until softened, 5-6 minutes.
- In large bowl, combine mushroom mixture with the remaining ingredients; mix thoroughly.
- Place in 9 x 5-inch loaf pan and bake 50-60 minutes.
- Drain fat. Let meatloaf stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
Yield: 8 servings
Recipe and photograph used with permission from
Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin.