Skillet Meat Loaf
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 cup chopped celery with a few minced leaves
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Chopped parsley (for garnish)
- Combine first 7 ingredients and 1/4 cup of the tomato sauce.
- Heat vegetable oil in medium-size skillet, tilting to coat the sides.
Press meat mixture into skillet evenly.
- Cover tightly and cook over
low heat 30 to 40 minutes until meat is cooked.
- Drain juices from meat into a saucepan and add remaining tomato
sauce; heat. Turn meat loaf onto platter; cover with sauce and garnish
with chopped parsley.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.