Sour Cream Meatloaf
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 package dry onion soup mix
- 2 slightly beaten eggs
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 strips bacon
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- Meatloaf: Heat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Mix together sour cream, onion soup mix, eggs, ground beef and bread crumbs.
Shape mixture into a loaf pan. Top with bacon strips.
- Lower oven temperature to 375 degrees F and bake meatloaf for 1 hour.
- Sauce: Mix together ketchup, brown sugar, nutmeg and dry mustard.
- When meatloaf has cooked for 1 hour, spread the sauce on top of loaf and bake
for 15 minutes longer.